Ipsy July 2015 Unboxing and First Impression


This month's items have a summer theme of beachy, bronze, and glowy! The bag is cute and colorful but it is just OK to me that I would not put it in my purse right away like some other bags.




OFRA Cosmetics - Bliss Eyeshadow and Highlighter
At first glance, I thought I can use this as a highlighter as well and was quite excited, but it is a bit dark to be a highlight for me. This is a peachy / light coppery gold eyeshadow with metallic finish and no glitter. I would call this a rose gold as well.This shade of eyeshadow is something that I usually use on the centre of the lids. I know I like this already! One light swatch of product has great pigment. The swatch on the right had been blended out and the one on the left was a heavy swatch. This is actually a big sample (I think it is full size actually) and I will be putting this in my Z-Palette.



Vasanti Cosmetic - Brighen Up! Exfoliating Cleanser
This is my 3rd time receiving this product from one of my subscriptions and therefore I am least excited about this. However, it a great product I use in the morning every few days as a light exfoliate in addition to my usual regular exfoliation couple times a week in the evening. This is a cream cleanser with super fine exfoliate substance they call micro-crystals. It does not lather up at all but you still feel clean and smooth after each use. Now I have a back up.

Octavio Molina Hair - La Playa Salt Spray
This sea salt spray has a very pleasant fresh scent which I could smell right away when I opened the Ipsy mail package.  It is infused with algae extract which I will need to research what does that do to hair. Personally I don't have fine hair and my hair already have some natural texture. I have tried this spray and didn't find it adding significant volume. But I like the nice scent it adds to my hair!



Be A Bombshell Cosmetics - Lip Balm in French Kiss
I wish I got the other shade of this lip balm since this sheer light pink one is basically a clear color. I don't think you can even see the color on my hand. But it feels very smooth and moisturizing on the lips and I will put it to good use. I am glad that it has no scent at all!

Tarte - Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer
I already love this product and love Tarte as a brand. I own this bronzer in various Tarte palettes and I also have this exact deluxe sample size from one of my subscriptions. This is a nice bronzer with fine gold shimmers which cannot be detected on the face. Good warm shade that most people can use too!

Click HERE for more unboxing and review!

Click HERE to join ipsy!

Comments

Post a Comment