Glossybox June 2016 Unboxing & First Impression



Glossybox is a monthly beauty subscription with 5 luxury products which costs $21 USD per month. There is also a little discount if you subscribe to a longer period of time.

Click HERE to join Glossybox!

This month's box is a special design  which says Tony Awards. My first thought was "Who is Tony??" Haha. 


What I got this month:


Sebastian Professional - Hair Spray 43 g, Hair Oil 2 ml
I was most excited to see this product in this month's box since Sebastian hair spray is my all time favorite hair spray that I can trust for long wear and humidity resistance. I have tried both their white and black bottles and I am glad to have this travel size now. I am not too excited about the hair oil though because I think all hair oils works similarly but it was nice that they threw this one in along with the hair spray.



Caolion - Hot & Cool Pore Pack Duo - 7 g Each
This is an interesting Korean mask duo in adorable packaging! Step 1 is a hot pore cleansing and detoxifying mask, and Step 2 is a cooling and tightening mask. I am very excited to try this because I can use a good detox and pore refining treatment all the time! I think this duo pack only contains enough product for one time use which I am not a fan since Glossy Box is a more pricey subscription box and I expect bigger sizes products from them.


Icona Milano - Emotion Allowed Mascara - 10 ml
I like the name of this mascara! "Emotion Allowed" to me means tear/water proof, smart! The brush is very slim with short bristles and looks like it will have an easy application. Made in Italy too!


LA Splash - Lip Lacquer High Pigment Collection in Sugar Rush - 6 ml
This is a super pigmented lip lacquer with shiny finish in a terra cotta color. I think this color will be flattering on most skin tones. Let's see how good it wears since I am always nervous with high pimented glossy finish lip products.


Sinful Colors - Kylie Jenner Satin Collection in Kosmos - 15 ml
So Kylie Jenner's name is now on almost all kinds of products? I am not too happy to see this brand since I know Sinful Colors polishes are only $2-3 and I expect more high end product from this subscription box. But I like the color I got which is a royal blue with a matte finish.


Tan Towel - Self-Tan Towelette - 2 Individual Towelettes - 7.5 ml Each
These self-tan towelettes claim to exfoliate, tan, and moisturize and you can use them on the face or body. I don't really use self-tan lately so I am not too excited to get this set but I think these towelette are a convenient and easy way for a self-tan.

Overall 
This box is a special "Tony Awards" edition and we got 6 items instead of the usual 5. However, I think the value is not there and the products are less exciting and more drugstore level. I still don't know who this Tony is and I don't really like his picks! Glossybox usually does more higher end brands since it is a pricier beauty subscription so overall I am not impressed this month.


Click HERE for more subscription boxes unboxing!
Click HERE to join Glossybox!

Comments