Ipsy August 2016 Unboxing and First Impression


Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service that comes with a new makeup bag and 5 beauty sample products for the price of $10 USD/month.

Click HERE to join Ipsy!

This month's makeup bag was illustrated by Ipsy's found Michelle Phan and I received the purple hair girl dreaming of makeup. It is quite different than the usual Ipsy bag and I think it is pretty nice!

What I received in this month's bag:



NYX - Liquid Illuminator in Gleam - 13 ml
I am excited for this liquid highlighter from NYX since dewy/glowy face is all the rage right now. This color is a rose gold tone highlighter and it seems very pigmented. I can't wait to try this on my face!



Sally's Box - Secret Garden Sheet Masks x 2
How cute is the packaging for these masks? I am happy I got 2 of these! I have the camellia oil which is moisturizing and lifting, and the olive oil one which is moisturizing, soothing, and lifting. These are a 2-step system which contains a serum you put on before using the sheet mask. Very interesting!



Rodial - Smokey Eye Pen in Black - 1.2 g
I know this brand is a more high end brand and I am excited to see this for the first time in an Ipsy bag. This gel eyeliner is very creamy and it slides on with intense pigment so easily! I am impressed! Now we need to test out the staying power which is so important for a good eyeliner.




Organic Surge - Perfecting Face Polish - 30 ml
Organic skincare? Yes please! This face scrub contains rosemary and lemon oils which purify the complexion, chamomile and ginkgo biloba which sooth and soften, and almond oil which adds extra hydration.




Lord&Berry - Lip Pencil in Intimacy - 1.8 g
This lip pencil is in a very wearable pink which I think can be so flattening on most skin tones. I was surprised when swatching it because it was super creamy and smooth. I am impressed and can't wait to wear this!

Click HERE for last month's Ipsy unboxing!
Click HERE for more unboxing and first impression posts!

Click HERE to join Ipsy!

Comments