BoxyCharm Jan 2018 First Impressions




BoxyCharm is a monthly beauty subscription that focus mainly on makeup with 4-5 full size products. It costs $21 USD per month.

Click HERE to join BoxyCharm!

I have recently unsubscribed from Glossybox because they started to have repeat items and they focus more on the skincare side, which isn't a bad thing, but I have too much skincare backups already. I think makeup products would be more fun and I know BoxyCharm is a popular one that constantly have good feedback. I will see if I want to continue this subscription. If I do, there are 3, 6, or 12 months plans that could save me some money.

What I got this month:


Pur - Bronze and Brighten Cheek Palette
Holy PIGMENTS!! This palette is intense! The shades are extremely pigmented and they are more like eyeshadows than face products. I am actually afraid to use them on my cheeks, well, maybe not the highlighter. I like a good beaming highlighter. Anyway, they are super soft and creamy to the touch. 


IT Cosmetics - Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil 
I already own and I am currently using this eyebrow pencil. I love IT Cosmetics as they use skincare ingredients in their makeup. This brow pencil claims to be anti-aging and contains biotin, saw palmetto (what is this?), and antioxidants. The shade is greyish brown which is good for me but I am not 100% sure if it is as universal as it claims. But so far I have heard good reviews from different hair colour people from the beauty community.


Girlactik - Matte Lip Paint in Posh
This is my first time trying Girlactik! The shade is an terra cotta nude which is very easy to wear. I like this shade on my skin tone. The formula is lightweight and it dries very quickly. I always wear a balm underneath any matte liquid lip and therefore I don't find it drying. So far so good!


Crown Pro - Glam Metals Palette
This palette has 8 brown/grey metallic shades and 1 matte black shade. All the metallic shades are good and pigmented.The black shade is not black enough, but it's still easy to blend. I think it still needs other shades to complete a look such as a lighter shade, neutral transition shade... But overall it's not bad. It is my first time trying shadows from this brand.


Dr. Brandt - Pores No More Luminizer Primer
I have used the original Pores No More Primer and really liked it. I think this is a new product that is luminizing. It has tiny golden shimmers in it but its not shimmery on the face under my foundation. It does provide a radiant glow to the skin. But I think the original Pore No More can blur pores a little better.

Overall I really like this month's box and I think the price is worth it. I will continue to next months and see if I will join for longer!


Click HERE for more unboxing and first impression posts! 

Click HERE to join BoxyCharm!

Comments