BoxyCharm Feb 2018 First Impressions


BoxyCharm is a monthly beauty subscription that focus mainly on makeup with 4-5 full size products. It costs $21 USD per month.

Click HERE to join BoxyCharm!

I have recently unsubscribed from Glossybox because they started to have repeat items and they focus more on the skincare side, which isn't a bad thing, but I have too much skincare backups already. I think makeup products would be more fun and I know BoxyCharm is a popular one that constantly have good feedback. I will see if I want to continue this subscription. If I do, there are 3, 6, or 12 months plans that could save me some money.

This month's theme is Galaxy Glow and products are mostly holographic or having a purple shift!

What I got:


Naked Cosmetics - Holographic Highlighter Palette 
This holo packaged palette was the first thing that I saw when I opened this month's box. I think all brands are doing something holographic nowadays, which is great! I gasped when I opened the palette and saw the 6 different shades! OMG! They are so nice! They are not as soft and creamy as Becca highlighters but the color payoff is pretty good still. I am actually a bit chickened out on wearing these as highlighter since they are super colorful. They are beautiful regardless and I think it will be easier for me to wear them as eyeshadows. 


Cover FX - Shimmer Veil in Amethyst
From the packaging I thought this was a holo lipgloss. It could be since it is a beautiful pink with purple shimmer. After reading the box I realized it is a liquid eyeshadow, similar to the famous Stila Liquid Metal shadows. It looks gorgeous! It dries down immediately after I blended it out and I have high hopes for this! So excited to give this a try on the eyes!


Crown Pro - Trio Brush Set
These brushes are so cute with the white and pink details. They are quite soft too. I will use the smallest one for eyeshadow, the medium one for... I am actually not sure. I don't really have a need for this size of brush. The large one for setting powder or contour/bronzer.


Bellapierre Cosmetics - Shimmer Powder in Lust
So by this point I think there is enough purple/pink products in this month's box. Haha. I have tried pigments from this brand before and they are pretty good! This is a nice lavender color and it can create a romantic look. The ingredients are simple enough too. Like!


Vintage Cosmetics - Smokey Eye Pencil in Jet Black
You can never have too many black eyeliners right? This ones swatches quite easily on my hand but it seems to smudge easily too but it doesn't claim to be long lasting. It emphasizes the creamy soft formula that can glide on the lids without tugging or pulling. I will still give this a try.


Click HERE for last month's BoxyCharm unboxing!
Click HERE for more unboxing and first impression posts! 
Click HERE to join BoxyCharm!

Comments

  1. AppValley alternatives for iOS with similar features. This section provides the best alternative apps for AppValley and installation guides.

    https://appvalley.one/category/alternative/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment