April 2015 Ipsy Bag Unboxing



What I got this month (not a review):

Pandora's Makeup Box - Pink Carnation Blush
Was surprised to see that this was made in Cananda! Cute easy to use color, but I am not sure how to store this once I opened it. I don't have anything like a  Z-palette.


theBalm Cosmetics - NUDE Dude Eyeshadow Single in Fit
Very nice bronze color. I have always been a fan of theBalm for their blushes and eyeshadows. This mini shadow comes in the cutest packaging!

MicaBeauty - Eye Primer 
Interesting  eye primer. I normally use primer in a squeezy tube form like Urban Decay Primer Potion. I guess this would be like a paint pot from Mac with a neutralizing color. I received an email from Ipsy before getting the bag which scared me a bit. See below:

"Hello,

We’re reaching out because you received the Mica Beauty Eye Primer in your April Glam Bag. Some of our subscribers have reported seeing marks or areas of discoloration on the product and asked us for more information.

We take every product question from our community very seriously and want to share an update with all of you. Mica Beauty has confirmed that all individual ingredients were checked by a certified lab and approved for safety. The final product also passed a microbiology test and no mold was found. The brand believes any marks you're seeing in or on the product are the result of bubbles produced during the production cooling process which could take on a greenish/blackish tint.

If your sample shows any marks and you have further questions, or if you simply don’t feel comfortable using the product, please write to ipsyCare. We're always here to take care of you!

xo,
ipsy"




Marks and discoloration? Potential molds? :S I was a little disturbed about this. Fortunately, I did not see any spots or discoloration on my product. There is one little dot that turned out to be just an air pocket. But I am not sure if I would put this product on my eyes...

Mullein & Sparrow - Mini Lip & Cheek Tint
Chocolate/cocao smelling product!! It says natural/organic on the packaging too! I already know I will love this! This brand is new to me though.

Elizabeth Arden - Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick in Red Door
Bright red lipstick! Gorgeous/luxurious packaging. This would be my first Elizabeth Arden lipstick. But I don't normally wear THAT bright of a red. Will test it out for sure. I got a few comments on Instagram after I posted this photo that this is a rare item this month, and not many people received this.

Click HERE for more unboxing and review!

Click HERE to join ipsy!

Comments